The Wolfley Family Blog Disclaimer:

This blog is meant for educational purposes only. It may be too intense for some viewers. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. SOME Simulated pictures. Apply only to affected area, If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Beware of dog. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from fire or flame. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. This supersedes all previous notices. Decisions by me are final or in other words its my verbal potty mouth, if you don't like it... don't read it!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Its canning season....

I am so stinking excited...This is my favorite time of the year.....Fresh fruit season. Yummmmm!

I am in love.....with the raspberries....the peaches....all of the fresh fruit. I love that I live in a area that supports canning so much. I just got 4 flats of Raspberries and I have to admit...this pregnancy has already made me a little (more) crazy. I woke up last night 3 am...because I could smell the raspberries (no.... really I could) and I had to eat some....I fought the feeling for ummmmm.... well..... hours.....like every hour on the hour.....finally I caved....busted out the raspberries at 3am and chowed down and went back to bed...and no I did not brush my teeth (whatever, bite me)

I have always wanted to can....But I have always needed a old person...well, you know what I mean...I have needed a Grandma Esther or an aunt Ellen to help me. But what I have found is that it is really not that hard. And pretty much everyone around here does it. I just look in the ward directory and pick out the first old person...and give them a jingle......I like old people REMEMBER....... AND So really??? why would I call my "cute 25 year old neighbor, that can do it better than me".....Duh....call an old person they need your love and plus..... old people tell you stories...good ones......

Last year I had a friend that canned.........................

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYY FREAKKKKKKK!!!!!
So I was just sitting here and a mouse started to run out of my laundry room.......scared the crap out of me.....Not like the giant grand daddy rats in P- town. But still.... I DO NOT HAVE RODENT'S RUNNING AROUND IN MY HOUSE! NOT COOL!

Any how......I had a friend that canned peaches for her first time.....she was so proud and brought me over 2 jars......So I opened the first jar...and they were so good...... But I noticed something about them...they tasted bubbly.....like they were carbonated.....Yummmm......so the next day I ate the whole other jar...NO JOKE.....the whole huge jar..... all by myself....I actually hid them from my kids......

OK I am a little paranoid and I keep looking over my shoulder.....Scared of a little mouse....NO.....scared that it is going to breed and make tiny little babies in my walls!!! yes!!!!OK back to it......

so.....funny thing.....I went to a canning class and I had heard a question about peaches fermenting and being "bubbly"....... it was my neighbor.....so instead of of sounding stupid in front of the "canning professional"....I went over to my neighbor and asked her what she was talking about...and she said if you let the peaches sit for too long (overnight, I think) that they start to ferment......(really..... look it up..."to make wine")

Sooooo..... I decided this year I am fermenting all of my peaches...because they were good.....and I don't mean good...I mean gooooooooood........like you get all giddy good. I have decided that I can always play the "Anne of green gables" card........

"I didn't know it was current wine- I mean peach wine"

Will you believe me?????? as I am guzzling the "peach-juice!" I think I dreamed about it for weeks after wards...I think I actually asked for more......

Don't call me a Lush.....I may be...it runs in the family so Shut-up!

Anyways, this year I am doing turkey too......My sister Annie did turkey for Christmas...last year? or the year before......must have been the year before. Because I was prego and it made it like through the first 2 weeks and then all 20 jars she gave us were gone. I would just sit down with a fork and eat it out of the jar. With this pregnancy its salad and fresh fruit.....I have been eating salad for breakfast for the last week or so.....and raspberries @ 3am.....whatever.
With Gracie it was Bologna and life cereal.....oh and taco bell mild sauce.....I would pull up to taco bell and say "I want 1 bean burrito and could you give me like 50 mild sauces, please....." and I would suck the sauce right out of the package.

Well I don't know how I got so far off the canning subject......anyhow......if you see a good deal on peaches.....tom-toes......apples or just anything yummy and fruity............ you call me! Like those Utah peaches......I hate hell (Utah) ..... but they do have good peaches, darn that devil ! AND If your nice to me AND I like you ( see, you could be nice to me...and I may not like you....so you must have both credits to apply) I might share some with you......But I am keeping all of the "peach juice" for myself.... you'll have to make your own.......

7 comments:

kori bates said...

You are so freaking funny!!! Thanks for making me laugh Heather every time I read your blog...I would love to can, but it always seem to hard.

Anonymous said...

I totally thought the fizziness was from her putting 7-up in with her peaches!!! But, this explains why I too craved them long after they were gone! Do you think we need to visit with the Bishop? I too have had really weird cravings with each pregnancy. Subway veggie and cheese sandwiches, Taco Bell, watermelon, etc... Did you get your jam finished? Mine turned out so yummy!! We've had raspberry jam on everything the past two days! Thanks for picking them up for me.

Nancy said...

Heather, I love your raspberry jam, but I am staying far away from your peaches. You frighten me just a little. Where did you get your turkey? Maybe you need to make a trip down to Moroni with me? I am out of turkey.

Shinae said...

You are so funny! I love your sense of humor. Just wanted to let you know I wrote about you in my blog yesterday... about the menus for moms thing.

Oh, and hope that mouse situation gets better...like they DIE!

Cal said...

Hey we can turkey too and if you thought fermented peach juice was good you should let turkey juice set out overnight.. Mmmmmmmmmmm

You're funny heather.
remember, I'm nice to you and you DO like me.

Ann Yeaman said...

Just don't "drink" and drive heather....

Call me Hehaw said...

Thanks for all of the "your funny comments" But I know what you all really mean.....

Ann:
No.... I will not drink and drive....I will drink and sleep...

Craig:
Your nice to me?Really?since when?

Shinae:
I hope it dies too...I saw 1...Do you think they already had babies in my walls?

Nancy or Ken?(really it's confusing.... you need to get your own screen names): You frighten me too..where is Moroni..I thought he was in the BOM.

Trisha: you should go see the bishop.....but dont mention me...or my blog....wait! really you shouldn't even tell him you are my friend....it would just be bad for your reputation....

Kori: you just need to find an old person...Did I mention that they tell you stories....and they have cool old stuff....