The Wolfley Family Blog Disclaimer:

This blog is meant for educational purposes only. It may be too intense for some viewers. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. SOME Simulated pictures. Apply only to affected area, If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Beware of dog. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from fire or flame. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. This supersedes all previous notices. Decisions by me are final or in other words its my verbal potty mouth, if you don't like it... don't read it!

Monday, October 27, 2008

It's official.... I hate apples....

Remember I told you while back that I made the family go and pick apples.....Here is the remainder of the apples. I officially don't want to can another apple for at least a year.


I did canned fruit leather mix.....so when we are having a hanker-in for some fruit leather I can just pour it into the dehydrator and set it and forget it....
I have not yet put away my canning equipment which means's that I am not totally done....we'll see whats next....

OH and I also did more apple pie mix.....So nice to just dump this into a pie shell and bake....sorta like cheating... only really its totally homemade!

This recipe makes 7 quart jars of filling for apple pies. 2 quarts make a 9 inch pie. Need to have 7 one quart canning jars, with rings and lids

Ingredient's:

4 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup cornstarch
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons salt
10 cups water
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 drops yellow food coloring
6 pounds apples

DIRECTIONS
in a large pan, mix sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add salt and water and mix well. Bring to a boil and cook until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and add lemon juice and food coloring.
Sterilize canning jars, lids and rings by boiling them in a large pot of water.
Peel, core, and slice apples. Pack the sliced apples into hot canning jars, leaving a 1/2 inch head space.
Fill jars with hot syrup, and gently remove air bubbles with a knife.
Put lids on and process in a water bath canner for 20 minutes.

Can you guess what a few of you are getting for Christmas??????????

4 comments:

kori bates said...

does it matter what kind of apples? I have a bunch of fugi...Thanks for the recipe I will have to make some this weekend.

kori bates said...

so you are going to laugh your butt off at me woman...All of those canning jars that I have....Not one of them is the size I need for this yummy recipe!!!!!!! Go ahead...laugh :)

kori bates said...

Ok, I am a real big dumby!!! I reread it, and I don't need 7 quart jars...LOL I am so glad that I reread it...I never claimed to be smart...keep laughing :)

Cal said...

I guess you're getting me an XBox 360? Yes!