The Wolfley Family Blog Disclaimer:

This blog is meant for educational purposes only. It may be too intense for some viewers. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. SOME Simulated pictures. Apply only to affected area, If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Beware of dog. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from fire or flame. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. This supersedes all previous notices. Decisions by me are final or in other words its my verbal potty mouth, if you don't like it... don't read it!

Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Jay Leno Jaw.....

The dentist office is always a new experience each time I go and take my kids.......This last week Brodie had his first dentist visit. I was scared....he was scared......

The last time Grace went to the dentist she came home 4 teeth short.....she was a trooper.....but she has made sure to tell and repeat the story to all of our kids....and each time she tell the story gets a little worse and a little more bloody. Which has made our kids dread a visit to the dentist...... so at this visit I had to pull out the big guns....THE INTERNET......

The Internet is a great tool to scare the crap out of your kids and get them to go to the dentist.....and to brush there teeth....... I have found it useful in many things....But the pictures are great!!!! a very useful tool.........

Here's why......

Grace and Hannah have recently informed me that when they are told to go brush their teeth they really haven't been brushing their teeth ....

They said " we just go in there..... hang out and come out with wet faces..."
She said this with a smile...a big one...which of course only royally pissed me off..... SOOO.........OK smarty pants...... I went straight to the computer and informed them that when you don't brush your teeth for even a few days that your teeth start to look like this.....

Grace informed me that her face couldn't look like this because.... she "will never have hair growing on her lip......." I told her that if she doesn't brush that she will.......and her teeth will actually start to grow hair....Then I told her that if she goes for even longer with out brushing that this is what they will look like......I think at this point...I should have stopped......BUT you know me........I then informed them that "then your teeth will break off.....and you will no longer get to eat.....you will have to drink everything......I told them the only way that they would get to eat "crabby patties" is if I put them in the blender and made them a "crabby patty shake".......

Hannah wanted to know if I would put Ice-cream in it? I told her no.......Potatoes....(she hate potatoes) neither one of them wanted to drink there food. I them asked if they knew people who had teeth like this.....

Hannah said the witch on the oz did........yep.....withches have teeth like this......

Now who do you know who has teeth like this? Gracie informed me that aunt Annie did.......and princesses......yep...so do you want teeth like a witch or like a princess????

Princesses won hands down...even with "the boy"...who said "me no want my teeth hair to grow....." So this is why we brush and go to the dentist......

we had some squirming in the chair......a few clinched mouths.....but over all we did good. The doctor informed me that he thought that Brodie had " a Jay Leno jaw"


and that I should go in and see the orthodontist......

So I did and he thinks that he jaw is fine but he has a habit of sticking it out......and that he needs to be checked every 6 months.......to make sure his "habit" is not leaving permanent damage...... He then informed me that I need to correct him every time I see him do it...... ARE YOU KIDDING? He is 3......and he is wetared.....If I tell him not to he does it more just to make me crazy.....so its better for me not to say anything about it and just mildly say.....can you smile like this.....see your sister can.......(great parenting...I know...BITE ME) But it works.......

Were good for now.....until our next visit......when the picture may have to came back out!

4 comments:

the stone fam:) said...

yeah so what did they say about surgery or any of that and did you ever drop those things off to me??? and i also looked at your favorite person wow not so cute AT ALL!! also i updated my blog b-hotch

kori bates said...

Thank you for the Blog Heather..I was able to show my kids what their teeth will look like..LOL THey were so grossed out.

Ethington Family said...

those pictures about made me sick. I will faithfully brush and floss that is for sure! I would do something just like that if my kids didn't love going to the dentist (go figure).

Nancy said...

I didn't comment to this blog because I was offended that Gracie didn't say those pretty teeth belonged to Aunt Nancy! Just Kidding. Aunt Nancy got Granndpa's teeth. Ann got the princess teeth, she deserves the credit. Shoot!