I have always been fascinated with farm life...maybe cause I grew up as a city kid. But I have always wanted that home on 20 acres.....with a pond and a creek running through it, a huge red barn with chickens, Ducks goats, and a cow named Mabel. A huge garden, an apple orchard, raspberry and blackberry patch and I would can my guts out, kill my own chickens, make my own pasta, dill my own pickles, churn my own butter, make my own bread. I would just like to have the know how to live the simple -unsimple life.
But I have recently come to the conclusion that I am lazy.....I could use the excuse that I have 4 kids...And I am tired from just keeping up with them. But the truth is that I hate to get up early...stillll......I really thought I would out grow it.....Become a Mom and start to get up and 5:30 am take a walk, clean and make my kids a 3 course breakfast.....But I am still the lazy Mom that does not want to wake up in the morning. That my kids have to bug to death to get up.....I would love to get up before my kids take a walk with Randy......and then come back take a shower and make breakfast for my kids and see them on the bus! I want to be that person! But I love to sleep....I can get into bed a 8pm and wake up at 10am..(not that I do most days I am up my 7-7:30am.) I really love to sleep....I am lazy....and I think my body feels that if I don't get at least 8-10 hours of sleep I go into shut down.
I have found my inspiration, introducing Granny Miller, this lady is my new mentor. I am going to take things one day at a time. But I will get up someday at 5:30am. I will just take time. If I do It to fast I will fail....I think this lady is great....I don't think I want to go as far as she does, I will buy sauerkraut...... but I can learn a lot of great things from a person like this. You should check her out..... http://grannymillerblog.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=50 here is a link to her blog. She has lots a great posts about how to can.....what to can...how to freeze... juice and all of the stuff that I find so fun! This is why I love old people...Not that she is old (granny Miller)....well, I don't know if she is old, cause I have never seen her. But I love old people because this was their way of life...they know how to live like this......(well Most) Most of the time you will find that they are hard workers that get up early and go to bed late. They know how to be self sufficient and they can teach you. I feel like these days we take for granted the hard work that our Grandparent use to know. AND I WANT TO LEARN!
The Wolfley Family Blog Disclaimer:
This blog is meant for educational purposes only. It may be too intense for some viewers. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. SOME Simulated pictures. Apply only to affected area, If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Beware of dog. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from fire or flame. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. This supersedes all previous notices. Decisions by me are final or in other words its my verbal potty mouth, if you don't like it... don't read it!
Friday, August 15, 2008
Granny Miller.....
Posted by Call me Hehaw at 8:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I love this post, it reminds me of my grandma Morley. She is the hardest working old gal there is. She is still doing all that stuff and she is like 96. I agree with you, I wish I did more of that stuff. I am a morning person, so I got the 5am thing going, and the animals which by the way I'm not really fond of. I like the chicken and the horse, but only because they keep there distance. I rarely can or even garden. Brett is incharge of that. I help weed sometimes, but I usually complain when it comes to picking. I would love to be one of those types that can do it all. You know love animals and take care of them, can, and store food, etc... take care
Heather, because I love you and want to help, I've decided to hire a wake up service for you to call you at 5:30 every morning. I know, I know, I'm awesome. It should start tomorrow (saturday) morning. I'll see if they can call every 15 min until 9'ish just to make sure you're up..........No going back to sleep for you. No need for thanks, the smile on my face will be thanks enough. ;)
I like this Granny Miller lady, do you think we are related? I watch my neighbor Donna Clayton in awe.....she reminds me of someone I think I want to be....but I'm lazy too. I told Jason before we got married that if he wanted to be a farmer he should look elsewhere for a wife, luckily he listened and just owns tractors now....no farm, thanks for the link. Now off to harvest my garden to get canning....wait I guess I was to lazy to get the garden planted.
LMAO at what Cal wrote...
What does LMAO mean?
Laugh My A@$ Off
oh....good to know....JIC....;)
Post a Comment