Bail Out
Posted: 25 Sep 2008 03:15 PM CDT
I'm enjoying my break from blogging and will be back to regular posting probably sometime late next week.I have spent the past week watching the Cash For Trash debacle unfold via C-Span while I make grape juice, apple butter, pumpkin butter and do some heavy cleaning.I just now read that a panic stricken Congress will vote on some type of Bank Band Aid Bailout.Like other politically minded bloggers I want to weigh in on the current "crisis" and I also want to give some advice to my readers.Whether or not you choose to take my advice is of course your own business.Here's where I stand on the issue:I oppose any government intervention in the current Wall Street Panic.The proposed bailout is the biggest money and power grab in the history of the Unites States.The Federal Reserve is a cancer eating away at our Nation, Freedom and our Liberty.It is my opinion, that the Central Bank System is for the most part the sole cause for our current economic problems.I am appalled at the proposed shift of power and unchecked authority to the Federal Reserve and to the Department of Treasury.Section 8 of the LEGISLATIVE PROPOSAL FOR TREASURY AUTHORITY TO PURCHASE MORTGAGE-RELATED ASSETS makes me positively see red:"Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency."I would be funny if it wasn't for real and it will be very interesting to see if it is left in the current proposal.I am also extremely concerned about reports that foreign corporations with a United States affiliate will participate in the federal bailout.It is my opinion that by doing nothing now the markets will correct naturally.By doing nothing we will most certainly suffer economically in the short run, but it won't last for years.All grownups know that sometimes medicine is hard to take.We can as a Nation act like grown ups and take our medicine now and get better.Or we can act like children, refuse a bitter pill and let paternalistic government take control. Big band aids and denial can't cure cancer, but they do sometimes make children feel better.So the news today is that the cowards and wimps in Congress don't have the back bone to swallow the pill.Our elected representatives have just insured that we are going to drag this problem out and with a much more serious consequence.I believe a full blown economic depression and market crash is now only a matter of time.
I wonder if we have a year left?
Here's my advice:
If you haven't already, I encourage all of you to do what you can and to make sensible, concrete plans for yourselves and your families today.
If you have not made preparations to do without electricity, phone service, water and transportation I urge you to do it now.
The coming collapse will make services that you take for granted a hit or miss affair.
If you have consumer debt pay it off as fast as you can.The coming Credit Card Crisis is just around the corner.
Find a way as much is possible to live outside the paper money economy.
If you do not have food enough set aside to go for at least 2 months without a trip to the grocery store, please begin to consider what could happen if store shelves become empty and stay that way.
Stock up on supplies even if it's only an extra $10 or $15 of canned food every week.
It is imperative that you keep enough cash on hand to weather an extended "bank holiday".
Same goes for prescription medication. Stock up if you can.
Also, if you do not know how to safely use a firearm to protect yourself and your property, I would strongly encourage you to contact Gun Owners Of America or the National Rifle Association and sign up for a self defense course.
Food and gas shortages, bank runs and economic collapse will breed civil unrest.
We are in for hard times, and all the wishing for it to not be so won't change what lies ahead of us."I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around (the banks) will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."Thomas Jefferson, Letter to the Secretary of the Treasury Albert Gallatin (1802)
Technorati tags: LEGISLATIVE PROPOSAL FOR TREASURY AUTHORITY TO PURCHASE MORTGAGE-RELATED ASSETS, Congress, Bail Out, Wall Street, Bankers, Federal Reserve, Bank, Central Bank, Economic, Collapse, Depression, Morgage Crisis
The Wolfley Family Blog Disclaimer:
This blog is meant for educational purposes only. It may be too intense for some viewers. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. SOME Simulated pictures. Apply only to affected area, If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Beware of dog. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from fire or flame. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. This supersedes all previous notices. Decisions by me are final or in other words its my verbal potty mouth, if you don't like it... don't read it!
Friday, September 26, 2008
THought this was an interesting blog post from Granny Miller
Posted by Call me Hehaw at 7:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
heres the thing i send you texts i call your house i just dont know what is going on r u braking up with me or what thats fine if its over then its over dont string me along!!lol i know im funny but really what the hell is going on with you why arent you calling me back we miss you guys k well call me
That was a POWERFUL blog...It is everything that I am feeling inside...The U.S. is heading for a real crap storm and we are going to suffer...I just am thankful for our GOD and that he will help us through this time.
I love the new background paper.
well said! have to admit, even though i know what your saying is good sound advice, it kind of freeks me out to hear!
AMEN!!! Especially the Jefferson quote. Senate just passed the crap sandwich they call a bailout bill. We're screwed. I'm calling the NRA.
BTW--I love the new background!
Can we build a house in your backyard? We might have to loot Home Depot for supplies, though...
Post a Comment