The Wolfley Family Blog Disclaimer:

This blog is meant for educational purposes only. It may be too intense for some viewers. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. SOME Simulated pictures. Apply only to affected area, If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Beware of dog. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from fire or flame. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. This supersedes all previous notices. Decisions by me are final or in other words its my verbal potty mouth, if you don't like it... don't read it!

Monday, September 15, 2008

infomercials....

Just set it and forget it..... I love infomercials. Don't ask me why, I can sit and watch them like regular TV. Mike is always saying "and why are we watching this?" same goes for the home shopping network...... I can watch this channel and never even think twice about it. Well until someone says something. It is like they have bright flashing lights that you can't see, that draws your eyes to it and then you cant look away. a mental stimulant.....

My new thing..." sham wow" Have you seen these? They are stupid....and I am sure that they don't do what it says it does. But no matter that, the reason it is so appealing is that my life is all about spills. Some days I think to myself.....wow! we only had 2 spills today! we are doing good! (5 Min's later someone pushes the water button on the fridge, and a spill that totals at least 3 minors spills happens) I have been trying to "train" Brodie... (for the girls it is "teach", But for Brodie it is "train", yes, like a dog....Don't get me started on "training the Boy" that is a whole other post) to not have to use a lid....I have given up. I say he can use a lid until he is 18 as long as I don't have to clean up his messes! oh, his messes are anything than the normal mess, some how he manages to get it on the floor, his pants, the ceiling, his shirt, the counter, his socks, the walls, his underwear and down the hall and around the corner into the bathroom! How you ask? I don't know..... this part of the reason that dog- like training must come into play. So anytime this commercial comes on.... I want them..... I have to buy them and I am looking for the phone. I have not yet bought them.....But one of these days will be a "spilling day" where I have just had it! and I guarantee I will buy them. 19.95 for 2 set of sham wows.....and you can cut them in half and make more! Sham WOOOOOOOWWWWW!

I know I am a dork.....I already know.....But do you remember......" set it and forget it"?????? I had been watching these infomercials for months.....Picked up the phone a few times......you know, just to give them a shout out.....never made the call though. We took a trip up to Aunt Ellen's house.... and guess what.....she had one! Now you know that if aunt Ellen has one it must be good! AND She told me that she like them so well, that she bought one for all of her kids.....hummmmm...now wait....so your telling me I was right about this thing...... it was great! so as soon as I got home.....I bought one! and I still have it and it is wonderful! and worth every penny! It cooks a whole chicken in no time....it is always moist and delicious! We have done our turkey for thanksgiving.....which freed up my oven for all of the rest of the yummy goodness! We have done french fries, salmon and tons of other stuff! I am a kitchen girl....I am always looking for short cuts, that are good, easy and cheap!

The HSN......Please don't let my husband die before me....I will be one of those old women that sit around and watches that channel.....
There clothes are hideous, but there kitchen gadgets, outdoors stuff and crafts! wow! I love to see all of the new products.....and the people that invented them.....and they come on and try to sell these things....I love to watch them.....they are so nervous! I was watching one last week and it was a hair poofer....you know that fad where the women make it look like they have a bump on the top and back section of their head.....You sisters.....you know who you are.......you do this......DON'T DENIE IT!!!! Don't be ashamed....step up and say "I am a poofer....and I am proud" any who.....they forgot the hair spray.........bad news! I mean everyone knows that poofers.....need that aqua-net.....right???? YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE????? So this lady was trying to poof...and put this comb thing in her hair.....No go.....so instead she head banded it.....No better.....Actually much worse...... The HSN lady was saying....."oh now isn't that just adorable....." In the back ground is the director saying...."switch camera's........" because this girls hair was messed up.....it looked like she had just been hit hurricane IKE. Finally when they got some hair spray and fixed the wild mane....the camera went back to her..... I felt a little bad....but it was just so dang funny!

Sometimes you can get good deals.....they have really nice quilts and scrap booking supplies. I had a few friends in Portland that would call me every time the scrap booking thing came on. Some good deals.....Most of the time I am to cheap....and I don't have the money. See I am a infomecail watcher.....Not a buyer...... But don't let me be 80 with SS, Cause who know's what Grandma might buy!!!!

1 comments:

Ann Yeaman said...

Yes, I do believe in hair poofing, and until someone clarifies this as a mental disorder and sets up a "Hair Poofers Anonymous" I will keep doing it until it all falls out someday!