The Wolfley Family Blog Disclaimer:

This blog is meant for educational purposes only. It may be too intense for some viewers. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. SOME Simulated pictures. Apply only to affected area, If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Beware of dog. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from fire or flame. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. This supersedes all previous notices. Decisions by me are final or in other words its my verbal potty mouth, if you don't like it... don't read it!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

isn't it funny..... Part 1

So last Sunday we had a RS lesson that went sorta sour..... Rotten???? Smelly????? OK Bad, just really bad....... The lesson was on one thing and we ended up on something totally different..... Namely TATTOO'S........ I of course am defensive regarding this since the fact that I am one of "those kind of girls" and I have one! It has made me think.....

This teacher is a great teacher and usually gives wonderful lessons AND is a wonderful lady...... But she sorta has a hang up regarding tattoos and piercings..... I have heard these things from her a few times and unlike me, have ignored the comments...... BUT AS YOU KNOW the Heather-pregnant and the Heather not pregnant are 2 totally different being's. I have this habit of blacking out quite often and go into verbal diarrhea mode. At this point I cannot hold my tongue and Look out cause the shat is gonna hit the fan.....

Well, teacher told everyone these few comments that sent my head a spinning........
#1 tattoo's are a Outright defiance of god.....
#2 that people whom had tattoo would wear these tattoo's in the after life...
#3 that they would be ETERNALLY CONDEMNED......(No really she said it)

Wow....really...how do I not comment after that????? Even if I didn't have a tattoo.....If an investigator walk into that room and heard that lesson.....Do you think that they would want to become part of a church that considered them eternally condemned????????? Its true having a tattoo is a outward of something...call it defiance if you want....I call it my outward reminder of how I was and how much different I am now....Being a butterfly its fitting..... I raised my hand She did not call on me.....at first..... I think she remembers all of the other go arounds I have had with her.....and I think that she saw that my hand was not going down and as soon as she called on me I verballed all over this poor teacher.

Note this is what I call recall: BLACK OUT.......
"I was baptised into this church when I was 18. I got the tattoo when I was 17.....with full parental support..... (my whole family got a tattoo). I asked the teacher if she thinks that Heavenly Father was going to make her where a Red D on her shirt as a outward defiance that she was divorced? or if an adulterer would wear a giant A. Because these are things that are easier to hide than My Outward defiance of a tattoo......." It didn't go so well.... I was using this as a example, Not calling her out.....well , maybe a little.

The thing about my tattoo is..... I don't regret it...... NOT ONE BIT....... I feel like it is a part of me... and if I wouldn't have gotten that tattoo I would not be where I am today...... the funny thing about our past is.... we are our past..... It is what makes us who and what we are today. You can hide from it as much as you want, but it is always there.....You know the things you did... and unless you live in a soap opera called "Day of our Lives"......and your ex husband..... BO...... accidentally hits you with a mack truck and only runs over your head.....and you get amnesia.......and avoid dying like any other human would............................................................
you are likely stuck with your memories.

I am not saying embrace them..... grin and bare them.... Do you have that memory that you can see in your head, clear as day....But every time you do..... you cringe????? OHHHHH I have so many of those...... I have just learned to crin-grin....Part grin, part cringe. It make me feel a little better. There are things I would have done different...BUT as of TODAY, I WOULD NOT CHANGE THEM, cause you can't alter anything...(even the smallest thing..... Didn't you learn anything from Doc. Brown!!!! You could alter the time and space continuum (back to the future duhhh!!) It is like that song by Brad paisley....."a letter too me". Would I tell myself things that I should change? No.... But it seems so funny now.....

I would tell myself NOT TO LAUGH when your getting the "first kiss" (poor Rae I bit him pretty good, But he tried to stick his tougue down my throat!!!! and then got the nick name sharky(AND THAT IS, RAE AREOLIA) The boy I would have JUST kissed, Oh... the boys I would NOT have dated.....OHHH.....The boys I would have...... the girls I would have not hung out with, Stop giving those missionaries such a hard time, STOP EATING WHOPPERS!!! They are only a dollar, but your gonna get FAT!!! Mormon Girls are not all bad.....Just most :) or All..... The car I would have not stole (or rode in...) Don't mess with those boys..... Never mind... mess with the boys......Just don't let them mess with you, Don't date boys that DRIVE VANS! Stop skipping now...cause you are gonna be the only senior NOT at senior skip day! Don't let your mom dye your hair bright blond, if you have too... beat the crap out of her.... do it, a two piece really?(crin-grin), Do a few sit ups first, Who cares!!! DON'T FAIL FRESHMAN SEX ED, you WILL be the only senior in that class!!!! Don't wear your shirts so tight, really do you need that push up bra? it looks like you have 4 boobs.....at least get one that fits!!!! is that big Bubble like bouffant necessary on the top of your head?, Fur on your pants...... (crin-grin)..... Don't be scared, fall...Don't be a baby......it will only hurt a little while..., Let him help you...he was a good snowboard teacher, he could-a taught you a few other things....MAKE YOUR MOVE, Travel, bungee jump, sky dive, snowboard, go camping more, swim in the ocean(BUT only till your ----LES hurt, then get out and find a blow dryer), have fun.... JUST go balls out.... AND have a good time doing it!

I have more.....but we could be here for days......

I don't hold grudges...(sometimes) and I have had a few people worried that I would be avoiding RS.....and if you think that you need to get to know me a little better..... I will be there in full force.... I am not one to shy away.

Isn't it funny to remember all of the things you did.....even the one's you need to crin-grin at..... leave the past in the past, but crin-grin every once in a while so it doesn't come back to haunt you.....

3 comments:

kori bates said...

What is RS? I am assuming it is a Bible study of some sort.

Good for you to say something...your past is YOUR past...No body elses...and If you learned something from it...that is even better...If your tattoo is there to remind you of where you have been and where you have come to...then absolutly do not be ashamed of it...I am so glad that you spoke your mind on it...I hope you made her rethink things...

Everyone needs to remember that Bible verse that says"who ever is without sin throw the first stone" how ever it goes. Ok, I think I babbled enough.

Ethington Family said...

I Love this! I know some people who sound like the teacher. Great people, but they like to decide the way it's going to be based on there own opinion. I have plenty I look back and do as you say a crin-grin. I only hope to learn from those stupid mistakes. Sometimes though, I wish I had your guts to tell people what I think. I will get walked on sometimes or disagree with people, but I hate confration, so I hold back. Later I think I should have just said.... Anyway, I love your thoughts. take care
mary

Emilee said...

Hey. You don't know me but I'm dying to know what the teacher said in response to you, or someone else (bc, you know there was a sister in there who was dying to get in on it.)? BTW, I'm Em, I go way back with Melinda. She's awesome. I'm from Portland too (grew up with her there), and now we live in S.E. Idaho. I've read your blog a few times before, you're funny. But seriously, what happened next? I'm hoping for a knock-down brawl in the R.S. room. That would add some pep to the lesson.