The Wolfley Family Blog Disclaimer:

This blog is meant for educational purposes only. It may be too intense for some viewers. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. SOME Simulated pictures. Apply only to affected area, If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Beware of dog. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from fire or flame. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. This supersedes all previous notices. Decisions by me are final or in other words its my verbal potty mouth, if you don't like it... don't read it!

Thursday, September 18, 2008

What happened next....

I had someone (a friend of Mel's, and any friend of Melinda is a friend of mine) ask what happened in RS next. I would like to tell you about the drag out fight that we had and how everyone backed me up and I was carried out of RS like a Mike Tyson after he bit that guys ear off. But Honestly...... Sometimes I get black-out. Where I get all of these calls about 20 min after we get home to say " heard you told off the RS teacher" or "heard you verballed all over RS today". The fact is that I went home trying to remember exactly what I said....And how many people I probably offended doing it.....


I know that she had a horrified look on her face as if I just punched her in the stomach....The room was quiet and cold.....BUT She didn't stop talking about "the outright defiance" and if any thing it only got worse. To which point a more "level headed" friend of mine tried to defuse the situation, to no avail. She (the teacher) started talking about her divorce....(ooopppsss...I must touched a nerve talking about that red D) and she told us about her daughter who also had a "outward defiance". She then proceeded after numerous comments later....telling everyone that" she was sorry that she screwed up the lesson so bad and that everyone should just go home and read it for themselves" Which to would be a good thing considering that the lesson was actually on........

I think that pretty much anyone that is sitting through Relief Society knows that going out and getting a tattoo is not a good idea....and if they don't....I am sure that they are at home sleeping (where my tattoo wants me to stay every Sunday Morning) or they are out sitting in the foyer with my husband......he does not have a tattoo....he lives through me...... But I think that these type lesson should be reserved for YM & YW's.......

One Note: I want everyone to know that this lady is a great teacher (when she is not talking about her hang ups.) Not only is she a great teacher but also a wonderful lady in general...kind, caring and I don't think in any way did she mean to intentionally hurt any ones feelings. I just think that lesson became a little too personal for her. Just as a teacher you need to find the balance between inspiration and personalization.....

7 comments:

Emilee said...

Okay Heather, after what we've been through today, I feel like we're family now. Do you mind if I add you to my blog list? Also, thank you! I feel so cool (which is a stretch for me) to have inspired a blog entry. I am so glad to finally know the rest of the story. Now I feel bad for thinking not-nice thoughts about the teacher. Usually, they are just very sweet people who let their mouths get carried away. Who am I to judge? I say (& write) stupid things a lot. Once when I was a R.S. teacher one of the ladies totally went off on something I was saying. But I was talking about having a good attitude.... what was her problem? Anyways...

Call me Hehaw said...

I am the queen of saying stupid things....I need one of those filthy filters....But for my mouth! I would be honored for you to add me to your blog....

Melinda said...

I'm so glad you two have gotten to know each other. I wish I could live up there in Idaho and join the fun! I will have to be a vicarious Idahoan through my two friends, Emily and Heather. Just keep me in the loop and don't run off together and leave me out...now I'm really jealous...

Call me Hehaw said...

Funny thing...we already knew each other....her Dad was Mike and I's Bishop. I knew Sara a little better...But it is funny how people END UP IN IDAHO..... MIss you Mel!

Cal said...

Now wait, that's not what you told me about the RS teacher. I think I remember something about "devil spawn" and "Gezabell" and "a ten foot poll" when you where talking to me about it. What's up?????

Oh, she probably reads your blog..........Opps!

Torrie said...

lol, what you said was great and appropriate....it really did feel very uncomfortable in the room, I would not have missed it for the world, however, even when little E started crying I still stayed. I agree about her being such a nice person but having issues with her daughter and letting that spill into the lesson. I hope this will be the end of RS talking about multiple piercings and tatoos and save it for YW and YM like you say where it belongs. Love ya!

Torrie said...

p.s. when are we going to lunch?