The Wolfley Family Blog Disclaimer:

This blog is meant for educational purposes only. It may be too intense for some viewers. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. SOME Simulated pictures. Apply only to affected area, If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Beware of dog. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from fire or flame. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. This supersedes all previous notices. Decisions by me are final or in other words its my verbal potty mouth, if you don't like it... don't read it!

Monday, September 15, 2008

I have an eye twitch.....

So I have this eye twitch.....I thought it would get better.......no such luck. The eye is a very sensitive area and it is just not right when it starts twitching on its own. It is very bothersome! It started about 2 weeks ago....Long story... BUT it is still happening! I thought it would be gone by now!



What does an eye twitch mean? Why does it happen? How do you make it stop?

It is starting to drive me insane.....



Eye Twitching - What It Is, Why You Get It And How To Cope- Please how do I cope?
Web MD




You are sitting down minding your own business when suddenly your eye starts to twitch. Yes!!!! Eye twitching is a common but often perplexing phenomena that affects millions of people every year. Is it serious or just something to put up with? For most people eye twitching is not a serious condition and typically results from excessive fatigue or stress.- duh For others eye twitching can lead to chronic irritation or vision problems. Let's talk a bit more about this unusual problem.


Blepharospasm (Defined as Eye Twitching)Blepharospasm is the technical term for involuntary eye twitching (eye spasms). Blepharospasm is more specifically defined as an abnormal involuntary blinking or spasm of the eyelids. Eye twitching usually involves involuntary movements of the eyelid specifically. Some refer to this condition as eye spasms. Some doctors often refer to this condition when chronically present as "blinking disorder." Sounds pretty serious. But it may not be. So its not a bad thing? a not so bad thing....so I don't have brain cancer?

Other Names:Also known as Benign essential blepharospasm, hemifacial spasm.


There are actually multiple forms of blepharospasm, some more serious than others.-Wait above you said not so bad and now your saying something diffrent?????Do you ever notice that on the web....everything always can seem alot worse! One type of blepharospasm is a blinking disorder that while not life threatening, is quite common and results frequently in patients. Some patients including those with Tourette's Syndrome- I always thought I had tourettes..... or related neurological problems or even brain damage...make more since now!! may experience more serious eye blinking disorders that may require evaluation and treatment. Frequent and uncontrollable blinking can result in vision disturbances. Many patients simply find frequent blinking or twitching annoying.


Usually patients experiencing this condition start realizing symptoms including excessive blinking accompanied by eye irritation. This may result from exposure to overly bright lights or being overly tired. me...me this is me....I left my glasses in utah......and I have been dying!!!! head aches....pain in my frontal lobe! The frequency with which someone experiences eye twitching will vary from day to day. Some people may notice their symptoms resolve during sleep and restart on waking. -yep!!!!


Occasional eye twitching is typically not a case for concern. Eye Twitching is associated with an

abnormal function of the "basal ganglion" from an unknown cause. The basal ganglion is the part of the brain responsible for controlling the muscles. In rare cases, heredity may play a role in the development of eye twitching. this is not occasinal!!! this is like every some min's.....for the last 2 weeks!



What do you do in this case? Your best bet is try to relax.- I try, I try, Dr..... but see I have 5 kids, including the husband and one on the way...... really...Do you think that my bathroom is anything like the spa????? No...... I have kids running in and out......people using the bathroom......children trying to get in the tub......or falling in the tub...On purpose The more you can relieve your anxiety, the less likely your eye is to twitch.- great so I am doomed!!! Let's talk more about the causes of eye twitching and possible solutions.

Causes of Eye Twitching

There are various causes of eye twitching in its serious and not so serious formats. The more common causes for eye twitching include:
Corneal irritation or injury
Stress - got this in loads
Lack of sleep - is 4 hours considered lack of sleep... I am just happy to get some!!!!
Fatigue - is this the same thing as lack of sleep? or am I just to tired to understand what you are saying?
Prolonged staring or eye strain - Does this include the glares I give my kids.....sometimes those hurt me....
Neurological disorders - Brain damage?????
Possibly Hereditary As mentioned above, even acute anxiety can sometimes results in eye twitching. Our bodies are remarkable machines, capable of doing extraordinary and unusual things at times. Eye twitching may be nothing more than a sign you need to take it easy, I tell my husband this over and over....could you tell him now.....I don't think he believes me...... or need a little R&R, - what is that? as much as it may be a sign that something more serious is going on. Don't forget, eye twitching is a relatively common phenomena. Ask just about anyone you know and they will probably tell you they have experienced eye twitching at some time or another. Many will probably have funny stories about eye twitching, while others may be able to confirm that eye twitching only occurs in certain situations (like before a big meeting or especially stressful situation).
Treating Eye

Twitching At this time, there is no successful cure for eye twitching,- you could have told me this like 5 paragraphs ago and we would have been good! although several treatment options may reduce its severity. Some patients may request drug therapy for chronic eye twitching problems,- what kind of drugs???? though drug therapy is often considered an unpredictable form of treatment.



If however, your eye twitching results from stress or anxiety, or some other undetermined cause, talk with your health care provider about ways you can remedy the problem safely and easily. You can do this a number of ways. There are cognitive behavioral techniques you can use to help relieve your anxiety and reduce the likelihood you will exhibit nervous tics including eye twitching. Try taking some deep breaths for example- I prefer to hit things....., before an important event. Visualize yourself engaging in the event successfully, with a calm demeanor.- isn't that like lying to yourself?calm demeanor? No don't even know me.....Imagine yourself succeeding without experiencing any eye twitching. This may seem unusual, but visualization and positive affirmations are a very successful method for relieving stress, anxiety and associated symptoms (like eye twitching)SO are you saying its all in my head...imagine it is gone........ If chronic eye twitching results from lack of sleep or fatigue, your best bet is to try to get more sleep. Even if that means taking a ten to fifteen minute catnap in your car on your lunch break. More sleep can also help relieve stress and anxiety. - sleeping pills, can I take those????
Prevention is also important for alleviating minor eye twitching. Since stress can contribute to muscle problems including eye twitching or blepharospasm, your eye care professional may work with you to design a stress reduction program.- I dont even think HF could make a stress reduction program that would work for me...... You might consider participating in stress management courses or classes, cognitive therapy or other supportive measures to help relieve stress and anxiety. - Do they have classes @ 4 am or 12pm, because those are the only times I have allotted......
Rest and relaxation often resolve most minor cases of eye twitching. Mike Wolfley 797-0028

If you experience more severe twitching your doctor may recommend BOTOX therapy or medication.you mean the virus? sure inject it near my eye......no thanks In rare cases surgery may be recommended particularly if twitching is interfering with vision. - hello when isn't your eye lid twitching interfering with your vision????
Prevention is best when it comes to twitching. All in all you should work to relieve your stress and get as much rest as possible. Do you have kids???? If eye strain results in twitching, be sure you get plenty of breaks during the day- I am a slave.....this is not a corporate office here.....I work with 4 tiny little Hitlers that dictate my day. They don't give me breaks- to help rest your eyes and reduce the severity of your symptoms. It is always a good idea to consult with your eye doctor to discuss your options. - thanks for the NO help- I now know that I have a eye twitch..... and that could last from 2 days - 1 year.....Its causes are stress and a lack of sleep.....I need R & R.....whatever that is....... and that there is no treatment......except for breathing.....which probably won't help! thanks WEB MD!

2 comments:

Cal said...

My eye twitches once in a while too but, it gets really bad when I have a ton of caffine.

When jill was prego she had a hard time (that's what she said) sleeping too. Her DR. said she could take like a half a unisom and a B12 vitamin before bed to help her sleep. I think it was a unisom, you may want to ask her for sure.

kori bates said...

Breath in...Breath out...Breath in...Breath out...

I hate eye twitches...but now I am glad to know why I get them.