The Wolfley Family Blog Disclaimer:

This blog is meant for educational purposes only. It may be too intense for some viewers. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. SOME Simulated pictures. Apply only to affected area, If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Beware of dog. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from fire or flame. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. This supersedes all previous notices. Decisions by me are final or in other words its my verbal potty mouth, if you don't like it... don't read it!

Friday, December 7, 2007

Did you make the list?


NOTE: IF YOU ARE 100 MILES AWAY OR MORE THIS DOES NOT PERTAIN TO YOU. UNLESS I CAN SHIP C.O.D. :)


So Every year I make chocolate and candies. Each year I have 15 boxes that I have to give out. Its a joke in our family that "they... didn't make the list"....I know that its not nice, but whatever. I spend hours making these candies...I am giving them to friends and family.


My candies include:

5 different kinds of fudge: Mint, rocky road, candy bar, cookies and creme, double dark chocolate

Chocolate covered almond Toffee

Peppermint bark

Truffles Mint and dark chocolate

Take 5 bars

peanut butter cups

chocolate covered raisins and peanuts

turtles......of and which has taken me 5 years to master. I know that it sounds like a long time, but each year I would try a different recipe. A few years of people wanting me to pay for there dental work, and a few years that I just smashed the Carmel's on the top of the pecans.....THIS YEAR I DID IT. Last year someone gave us some turtle's....A PERSON I LOTHE. They were perfect, and my husband did nothing less than to tell me that I should get her recipe.(Being 9 months Pregnant, you don't forget something like that) Well this year I was hell bent on making the softest yummiest caramels, I have ever made AND I would NOT ASK FOR HER RECIPE......men seriously......


Every year as I start my traditional Candie making, I start to wonder why? and every year it has started to get worse. In fact, half way through the process I start to curse myself and wonder why do I do this? I couldn't figure out why it has gotten so bad? I figured it out this year. Each year I have 2 more hands that are sticking there fingers in things and 1 more mouth that is either screaming and crying or is complaining that "they really want to help". So I figure that I have 10 hands and 5 mouths that wont leave me alone during the critical toffee making period. Not fun anymore.

Well anyways I feel SORTA bad about the fact that last year we gave out candies to pretty much whoever we knew. (The fact that we had just moved here and only really knew 15 families did affect who we gave them too) This year all but a few families have been X-ed off of our list. So sorry this year if you do not receive a box of chocolates. Maybe next year you should be nicer to us. NO... NO... REALLY I AM JUST KIDDING :)


We have so many people that we love and cherish this holiday season, 15 boxes of chocolates just does not cover it.

5 comments:

Julianna said...

I'm pretty sure we have never gotten a box of your candy!!!

Anonymous said...

Those of us who know where you live had better get a box of chocolate!!!:) I'm just kidding! You are pretty amazing at the whole candy making thing! And...I have a few guesses on who gave you the yummy candy last year, you know, the one you loathe! Cute picture of Esther!

Melinda said...

I'll pay for shipping!!!

Melinda said...

I'll pay for shipping!!!!! Please, can we be on your list?

Anonymous said...

My family will be needed two boxes this year for multiple reasons. First, have you seen my children eat!! Second, i was dogged last year and treated horribly. completley unfair:( So bring on the chocolate!!!!