So as you all know we have been battling the cruuuuuuuuuu...."the Sickness".....Brodie is the one who sorta started it. He had a cough and I took him in and they found out he had strep throat....so he started the antibiotics...and seemed better. Then the girls got sick and once again he got sick.....But as the girls got worse he seemed to improve.
So last Thursday we went out on a date....and later when we got home Brodie woke up and said "I'm sick..."
I said "go back to bed, here is a Tylenol.....you will be better when you wake up tomorrow...."
Well, when he woke up he was worse....he had a low grade fever and I could tell was feeling really bad. So I gave took his temp. 101.1 so I gave him Motrin.
I got all of the kids on the bus....Put Esther down for her nap, Hannah in my room to watch a movie, and Brodie was laying on the couch being quiet. So I thought perfect time to get my floor cleaned.....(because I hate to clean my floors and they are always dirty.... but Jim has made me a little more aware of the dirt on it! Thank Jim.....:) Anyways I was mopping the floor when I glanced over at Brodie.....He was shaking and his eyes were rolled back into his head.......He was having a seizure. So I slipped and fell trying to get to him.....by the time I got to him he sorta stopped. He fell right to sleep. I felt him and He was burning up, I took his temp 104.7. I called Trisha.....(thank you Trisha.....You are such a great friend.....I love you.....I love you...I love you!) Trisha came over a watched my youngers and I took Brodie to the ER....ER MAC.
When he got there he was only 100.9......Then I sat and sat and sat some more....around the 2 hour mark......I had Brodie in my lap and I rocking him. All of the sudden he went limp, then he got very stiff.....his eyes rolled back and he stopped breathing. I jumped up and started screaming...the admittance lady looked at me like I hate gone mad....Until I started to scream at her.....She called for a nurse....Who took her own little old sweet time.....But when she saw him she grabbed him and took him into the triage area....they cut off all of his clothes. They had to put him on a breathing thing and they started to pump him full of drugs.
It was very scary...so for right now he is doing good....but they said to keep him close to us and make sure that he doesn't have anymore seizure's.(ummm ok) They said that they think it was a febrile seizure......But the Dr. said in most cases kids only have 1, But because Brodie had them back to back......that until he is 6 yrs old any time he has a fever...we have to get it down right away.....because he is prone to seizures....we go back in for more tests Wednesday....so I will keep you updated. Thank you to everyone that has helped or shown your support and love.....We appreciate it more than you know!
The Wolfley Family Blog Disclaimer:
This blog is meant for educational purposes only. It may be too intense for some viewers. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. SOME Simulated pictures. Apply only to affected area, If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Beware of dog. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from fire or flame. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. This supersedes all previous notices. Decisions by me are final or in other words its my verbal potty mouth, if you don't like it... don't read it!
Monday, May 5, 2008
My Friday.....
Posted by Call me Hehaw at 10:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
heather that is so scary i am so sorry i cant even imagine what that is like!! i am serious if you ever need anything let me know!!! i am here for you
You guys are in our prayers, Heather. Wish we were close by to help.
Post a Comment