The Wolfley Family Blog Disclaimer:

This blog is meant for educational purposes only. It may be too intense for some viewers. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. SOME Simulated pictures. Apply only to affected area, If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Beware of dog. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from fire or flame. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. This supersedes all previous notices. Decisions by me are final or in other words its my verbal potty mouth, if you don't like it... don't read it!

Monday, March 3, 2008

Mormon maddness for women.....All of them should be put in to TIME OUT!


RING RING.....Hello...hey your going to time out with me.......

Really?....OK what do the tickets cost?.........

$78 ......

Holy crap.....

YOUR GOING.......

Umm ok........
I had never been to a time out for women before.....Have always wanted to...I thought this sounded like a great chance to get away.... have a little fun.....And hang out with my girly friends.
Imagine a room full of crazy (really crazy) women, tell them that they are giving away free bags.......and they are one of the first groups to get them......Its like getting a thousand Hungary wild dogs together telling them that there is one rabbit for them to eat, BUT they must share and be patient, everyone will get a piece. These "good Christian" women are pushing, ME- ME- MEING, I didn't get oneing, they turn into something else when you say the word FREE or first.....OK SO THEY ARE BAGS! Cute aqua green and Brown ones, BUT REALLY THEY ARE STUPID BAGS!

Another thing, we got to the civic center....1 1/2 hour, there was already a line. Then after we stood there for a while. Women who had saved spots for there friends were pushing their way through the crowd. So being the OCD freak that I am.....I started to freak out. Mind you that.. I DON'T DO CROWDS! More people came in the back, and more people CUT, I mean went to there "saved spots" up front.It was a little too cozy!
The doors opened and these women Bum rushed the auditorium like they were going to a Elvis concert or something.
The first act was a singing group mercy river. They were good.....
The second speaker.....I don't know who she was but............I WAS IN THE WRONG PLACE! She was taking about asking a question to solve a problem.(I got something out the talk I guess) So if you know me, (WHICH I HOPE YOU DO SINCE YOU ARE READING MY BLOG) I avoid going place that make me feel like I have a problem (MENTAL) or places that I feel like I am in a college lecture with Charlie Browns mother and all I want to do is say I have to go to the bathroom and skip out of it!


So the first speaker I found myself Dozing....NO REALLY! Like a full blown snore kinda doze......I woke up to find my friends laughing at me, with there hand over there faces........ embarrassed for me!

All of the rest of the speakers were really good.

I really like Emily Watts, she is the author of...."Being the mom- 10 coping strategies I learned on accident Becasue I had kids on purpose"
Just from the title of the book I could tell that I liked her.

Sheri Dew Was the highlight and pretty much the star of the evening, I think she was good? But I must have dozed off with her too because I dont remember that much! Someone remind me?

Kenneth Cope I really liked his Music. Very acustic. Great...He has a song called what have I done with his name......
Jenny Oak baker, was GREAT! She was a violinist...she was super funny!

All in all I had a good time. Although my friends may question if they will invite me again....and I may question going.......No..... Really, It was fun to hang out with friends and take a nap. It was the best $78 dollar nap I have ever had! Thanks Billie!

Sheri DewPresident and CEO, Deseret Book Co.
"TBD"

Jenny Oaks BakerMaster of Music, Juilliard; first violinist for seven years for the National Symphony Orchestra; award-winning recording artist

Wendy Watson NelsonFormer BYU professor and marriage and family therapist; author, Rock Solid Relationships
"TBD"
Kenneth Copecomposer, producer, singer/songwriter, multiple Pearl Award winner, husband, father
"Musical Performance"

Jason WrightPolitical and public policy consultant; founder of PoliticalDerby.com; OpEd writer; New York Times bestselling author, Christmas Jars and The Wednesday Letters
"The Power of the Written Word"

Emily WattsSenior editor for Deseret Book Company; author, Being the Mom and Take Two Chocolates & Call Me in the Morning
"Be Joyful...Even if it's All Your Fault"

Sharon G. LarsenFormer counselor in the Young Women General Presidency; former institute instructor; recently returned from a Church Public Affairs mission in New York City; author, All Rain, No Mud
"Letting Happiness Sneak Up on You"

S. Michael WilcoxInstitute instructor; former seminary teacher; author
"Accents of Wonder"

Chris StewartNational best-selling author (including The Great and Terrible); world-record-setting pilot; President & CEO of The Shipley Group
"Redefining Joy"

Mercy RiverDeseret Book's newest group: Brooke, Soni, and Whitney met as soloists in the Jenny Phillip's choir; each has recorded on multiple inspirational albums; debut album, Mercy River, will release in May 2008.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also was questioning "what the heck am I doing here?" through the first speaker....she was a little dull;). But, the rest of the program was amazing! We are definitely going again...even if we do get mortified at the snoring of our friend. How often do we get away as sisters and just relax...NEVER! All I can say is...watch out Logan, here we come!

Torrie said...

I have been to this a couple of times and enjoy most of the program. I'm laughing at you sleeping but I agree that is a LONG time to sit no matter how important or good something is. I love Emily Watts too.

I have a hard time with Desert Book pushing you buying all of their stuff. I do understand they are doing it for their business but I feel they are capitalizing on our religion.....just me maybe. I love the explanation of getting the "free" bags. Did anyone remember they paid $78 to be there?

Next time, invite me, because you know how much fun I am and we will get out of town say Vegas, California or something and make it a real TIME OUT.