The Wolfley Family Blog Disclaimer:

This blog is meant for educational purposes only. It may be too intense for some viewers. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. SOME Simulated pictures. Apply only to affected area, If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Beware of dog. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from fire or flame. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. This supersedes all previous notices. Decisions by me are final or in other words its my verbal potty mouth, if you don't like it... don't read it!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The little nice green Leprechaun






Last year when Gracie was in preschool she came home and asked about
Leprechaun's. She said that her teacher had told her that on Saint Patrick's day little green men sneak into her house and play tricks on the family. OK, Gracie was TERRIFIED! Not just terrified, but she was so scared that she would not go down stairs by herself. SHE WAS SCARED ALL MARCH LONG! She was sure that this little green man was sleeping under her bed, in her closet, or just somewhere in the house!

Mike and I tried to explain to her that Leprechaun's were just like the one on the commercials. You know, LUCKY CHARMS.....Nice, silly, Cute, friendly little green man. They just like to play tricks. She was not having any of it! She had this little green man pictured with warts and a devilish smile, long finger nails .She was sure that he was going to cut off her hair or eat her. SHE WANTED NOTHING TO DO WITH THE Leprechauns!

So we tried to make this a fun thing for her, but she was still terrified. On the night before St. Paddy's day she couldn't sleep, she couldn't focus....She would NOT go down stairs without an adult. She woke up a bunch of times.....saying "she heard a noise and it was the Leprechaun".
We would have to walk her back down stairs, tuck her into bed. Just to see her right back up stairs in a few hours.

So the day before, I went and got some chocolate gold coins......and when I knew it was finally close to time for her to be getting up for school I put down a trail of gold coins leading from the down stairs all the way back up the stairs, down the hall and out the back door. For the trick I took the clothes that she had set out the night before and put them inside the fridge. I also colored the scrambled eggs green.

My kids did not see the coins until they were at the top of the stairs.....They went CRAZY! I told them that the Little green NICE man, must have had a hole in his pocket and not known that he was dropping his treasure all over the ground! They thought they were just gold coins...Until Hannah, the one with the oral fetish, Put it in her mouth and discovered that they were chocolate! Then that Leprechaun......turned into "such a nice little green man" after the chocolate came into play!

Then Gracie search the house for her clothes, accusing the sister and the brother for the wrong doing...I told her not to worry about getting dressed right now and then asked her if she could get me the milk. You should have seen the look of shock on her face when she saw her clothes in the fridge. She informed me that "that little NICE green man, HE WAS A FUNNY LITTLE MAN TOO"

No one wanted to eat the eggs......Green eggs just weren't right.....
After a little bit of pushing 1/3 of the eggs were gone.
But they were impressed by his magical ability's to make Eggs turn green! But eating the green eggs just went a little too far!

Grace told everyone about the little NICE green man who tricked her and had a hole in his pocket!

Then one of my really nice friends pointed out to me that it was REALLY NOT St. Paddy's day.....and that the preschool was just celebrating it on that day. I still had 3 days until the real St. Paddy's day......They never knew the difference.

2 comments:

Torrie said...

I love this idea, can I steal it. That nice little green man might come to our house this year. Sydney talked about those men for a long time because of something the teacher said, I would like to know what she said as opposed to what the kids interpreted .....funny.

Torrie said...

Oh my gosh, it all started a few days ago with Syd being completly freaked out the Leprechaun's were coming. She remembered EVERYTHING about preschool and how her teachers feet turned green and she just knew that the Leprechaun's were coming to our house. Jason was out of town so she had to sleep in my room because she was so scared and I was painting her room but anyway. This morning I could hear here messing around outside my door and when I came out she said "mom do not touch anything, we have to see if he did anything to our house or food" She was totally convinced that he would. Should we have a talk with the preschool teacher? :)