Last Thursday I had 4 CANS of spaghetti-o's that were dropped from the microwave to the stove, down the stove, to the floor and splattered from the kitchen to the couch. (yes I said couch) AND When those spaghetti-o's hit the fan" all of my helpers/children fled the scene. Some running right into each other, not sure which way would be the safest way too go.....And some managing to shove their younger siblings in for a sacrifice. And yet they all managed to do it silently for fear of being picked off by voice recognition alone.
With a ere calm and a half smile, I turn away from the mess, look out at the cows in my kitchen window and pop my "in case of nervous break downs" can of cherry coke that I had stashed away for just such a occasion.
It's Funny cause it was all part of my big home schooling plan. Teach the kids to be self sufficient..... Teach them home basics as well as the other stuff....let them be more involved....show them how......
Then the realization hits me....this was my choice.....I made this mess.....(oh You can bet their gonna clean it) But I have made my choice to extend my parenting to another level. A level that some parents would never dream of...(I surely didn't)
Then my half smile turns into a full smile when another realization hits me....No matter how many cans of "Spaghetti-o's" hit the fan, I am happy with my choice.....I am really enjoying the experience of it all and I really loving being with my kids. They are a huge joy in my life and teach me so many valuable things that the least I can do is try.......
The progress I have seen has been fantastic. I can honestly say that in the last month of home schooling that I have seen at least a 80% difference in all three of my kids (I am also doing Brodie). In development and behavior..... all of the chaos and noise is worth seeing your kids succeed!
The Wolfley Family Blog Disclaimer:
This blog is meant for educational purposes only. It may be too intense for some viewers. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. SOME Simulated pictures. Apply only to affected area, If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Beware of dog. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from fire or flame. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. This supersedes all previous notices. Decisions by me are final or in other words its my verbal potty mouth, if you don't like it... don't read it!
Saturday, January 16, 2010
when the Spaghetti-o's hit the fan.....
Posted by Call me Hehaw at 7:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That is great Heather, I'm glad to hear that it's working out. Pat yourself on the back, you decserve it. :)
Wow....I am so proud of what you are going Heather. Good job Momma!
I am SO thankful that you post all of the REAL stuff on here!!! I needed to hear this today. I needed this reminder of what motherhood is really about.
Glad for the success...mess and all. What is life really if it's not a little messy once in a while. (Okay most the time at my house but whatever!)
Post a Comment