So I have another Walmart story to tell you.....OK.... today I went shopping at "the WALL- marts"....(that is what Hannah calls it....she says its he most favorite place ever! POOR KID, she needs to get out more often) So I had a ban on "the wall -mar" for a short time.....LIKE 2 days. But then my kids got sick and I need a pharmacy, a grocery, a clothing , shoe, and a place to buy large Rubbermaid's. I figured it's not the Wall-marts fault I can't control my beastly children, and they go there so often that they feel comfortable to roam the store...unattended.
I am zipping around trying to do my shopping before there is war of the worlds....AKA 1,2, and 4 year old's have there major meltdowns) So I got almost everything got to the front and realized I forgot the one major thing I came for.....BUTTER. (We make alot of cookies, breads and stuff....so I go through Butter like crazy.) OK so I walk back to the very back of the store to get the butter...... I was already there twice....I just have a crazy mommy brain that only retains data that it wants to...\
I get to the back and find the butter.
Of course there are two little old Lady's doing the same.
One in a go-go scooter and the other with blue shadow on....(not sure who told her that looked good, probably one of those crazy MAry KAy people!)
So they to are stocking up on the butter. (They were in a depression! they know all about it!....and will tell you all about it if you gave them a chance.....)But anyways they are buying the walmart special Butter......so I politely say excuse me and start to grab the TILLAMOOK BUTTER.....the whole time I am doing this I feel that I am being watched. Being watched by the older generation is a scary thing to me.....
Old lady in the go-go scooter says "why are you buying that kind?"
"Don't you know that this kind is almost 56Cents cheaper?"
I say "well I am aware of that BUT I was raised in Oregon and Tillamook is what I have always had....it is Just what I am use to.....and I do alot of baking.....Really I don't care for the other stuff"
Ole' lady blue says " I lived in Washington and I don't really even know notice the difference....."
"ummm ok, well.....I lived in Oregon......and its what my mom used and I just like it better"
Eye's NOW narrowing, turning into: mean ole lady on go-go scooter says..... " SO YOUR A BUTTER SNOB....."
OK REALLY..... I LOVE OLD PEOPLE .......AND IF ANYONE IS AN OLD PERSON ADVOCATE, ITS ME.....I LOVE TO HERE ABOUT THERE LIVES, STRUGGLES, THING FROM THE PAST.....But go-go ole' lady is pissing me off.........(beside's my kids screaming and fighting in the back ground)
I said .............................................................................................
"call me what you want, but I want my kids to say: Mommy you make the best cookies and breads, and I want they neighbors to ask for my recipe.....AND when it never turns out for them....and they say it never turns out for me........I'll ask them...what kinda Butter did you use? and when they say....... Oh cheap walls marts brand I will say ohhhh that's why.................... I only use Tillamook . It is the secret to any good cook."
Well, guess what.........Go- go ole' lady and ole' blue lady....Look as maybe they have had a change of heart.....when ole' blue says,
"well you have convinced me....."
And she put back all of her .56cents cheaper butter and got ALL Tillamook.
While mean ole go-go scooter lady said , "I'll try one"
But I know........once you go Tillamook you never go back..........
I then informed them that Winco was much cheaper and that they sell all Tillamook products including.....Cheese, butter, sour cream, cottage cheese, Ice cream and jerky! AND that Tillamook is family owned and operated. Go Heather......
So call me a dairy snob if you like......But I buy Tillamook!
This is the best Cheese ever! vintage white.......yummmmmmmmm
Stay tuned for part 2 of the walmart story.................
The Wolfley Family Blog Disclaimer:
This blog is meant for educational purposes only. It may be too intense for some viewers. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. SOME Simulated pictures. Apply only to affected area, If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Beware of dog. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from fire or flame. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. This supersedes all previous notices. Decisions by me are final or in other words its my verbal potty mouth, if you don't like it... don't read it!
Monday, April 28, 2008
A Butter snob.....
Posted by Call me Hehaw at 2:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment