I told a lie today....It was a need thing...I felt...But all day I have felt bad...No really....I feel like it is going to come back to bite me in the butt!
more to come...
OK So I feel nervous about posting this....Where I live is small and people know people. And you never know who really reads your blog and well who knows who...and who is related to who and read the blog story to who....SO ITS Scary...so I have been doubting the fact that I should post this. But I feel bad...and this is part of my repentance process.....So here I confess.
So the last 2 days I have appointments in town....approximately 12 miles away. MY days are busy when I squish everything but..I purposely do this so I don't have to find someone to watch Brodie and Hannah.....They are at preschool and need to be picked up @ 11 am SHARP!!! And I just take Essie with me. On Monday everything was running late and I had to call the preschool and say that I was running late and that I would be there ASAP.
(so the deal with preschool pick up is that they run an AM and a PM class. with only a half in hour in between. They need to set up eat and regroup before the next class. So I really try to respect that fact....)
So the whole way to the preschool I was "Utah/Hell normal driving" IE speeding.... and the whole way I thought about getting pulled over and ruining our Christmas...and what I would say to the officer if it happened....
I made it to the preschool about 10 Min's late.
On Tuesday I had another Dr.s appointment which ran VERY late. Plus they wanted me to wait and do some blood work.....(Gestational diabetes problems, so I had too stay) by the time I left the office it was 11:03....CRAP....so I went to go call and my cell was dead. Panicked I started to speed home....again....
(Wait the part I forgot was.....on the way there I had seen a State Police officer...sitting and waiting to catch speeders....)
So I was fully aware once I hit the highway that (this nice, kind, caring) State police man might be waiting on me....so I was very diligent in looking for him or any sight of him......I made it all of the way to my exit and thought thank goodness I made it! When I saw the lights in my rear mirror.....and he was coming fast....I pulled over cause I already knew that he was after me.... He came up to the window and said....
" Hello, I am officer Friendly (names have been withheld for because....) and I clocked you doing 79 in a 65. " HE DID NOT Look impressed.
Now knowing that he was a State police officer....I started to ball! They always ticket you....
Balling I said,
" I know I was totally speeding, it was totally my fault, But I was rushing to my sons preschool because his teacher called and said that he fell and hurt his arm......I am really sorry I was just really worried about him...." and I handed him my DL.
NOTE: OK this was totally wrong.....But it just flowed out of my mouth... I thought about the fact that "Mommy just ruined Christmas" and Mike was gonna be pissed! and we are already poor!!!! and it was sorta true except for the whole arm part....and I have only had 2 tickets ever and I don't normally speed!!!
I SHOULD NOT TRY TO JUSTIFY!!!!....IT WAS VERY, VERY WRONG AND I HAVE FELT SO GUILTY....REALLY......
This (sweet kind gentle caring) officer got a look of compassion on his face...and said "when I pull people over I always give tickets....where is your sons preschool?"
I said "right here in Rigby" Balling...hardly understandable...
Then he said "whats the name of the school?"
I said the name..... Hoping now that he does not remember.....
and he said...."OK Miss I am going to let you off with a warning.....this time...But just know that you would not be able to help your son, if you die out here speeding"
Of course I started to ball harder.....it was such a nice thing to do and I could really see him feeling bad for me....and at this point I wanted to say.....
"really officer....My son didn't hurt his arm....I am just really late and this is my second day....being late....I am pregnant and just really emotional and some say a little crazy.....I agree... I shouldn't have lied.....But this ticket is probably gonna be the same cost as our Christmas...Please don't make Mommy ruin Christmas....."
BUT I was mums...I said nothing besides... a non understandable thank you....and I drove away.....I had a feeling of relief and extreme guilt until the paranoia set in......
Maybe he will call the school???? Maybe I will see him at the store and Big mouth Hannah will say " he never hurt his arm".......Maybe he will come to police officer day at school????
This is what pregnancy/paranoia do to you...Its not pretty!!
For the last 2 days I have felt bad and paranoid.....Mike says I must go to the bishop and confess......I have decided that I would like to be Catholic.....I am NOT going to speed to get to Preschool anymore!
And Dear Officer Friendly,
I am really sorry about speeding...But more for the fact of lying..... I should not have done what I did....you did such a nice thing and I took advantage of my pouty brown eyes and big fat round belly......Please don't arrest me.....I will do community service....You know like... buy a family/child a gift off the Walmart tree....whatever you want..........You have taught me a lesson I will not speed on the highway anymore! Thank you for your kindness....AND BTW Please don't tell Karma where I am......
Sincerely,
Crazy Pregnant speeding Lier....
The Wolfley Family Blog Disclaimer:
This blog is meant for educational purposes only. It may be too intense for some viewers. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. SOME Simulated pictures. Apply only to affected area, If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Beware of dog. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from fire or flame. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. This supersedes all previous notices. Decisions by me are final or in other words its my verbal potty mouth, if you don't like it... don't read it!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
The lie I told....
Posted by Call me Hehaw at 11:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
This has to be a good...
Hey! I found your blog through Craig's. Blog and facebook friends, sweet! Your sacrament story cracked me up. I didn't know you live in Alabama now, how fun! I love the south...good food. :)
hey are you doing a craft fair this year? If you decide to do one, let me know I would like to do it with you. How are you??? I really need to get out of Rexburg and come see you...I have been crazy busy with stocking sells, all I dream about these days is stockings...I don't know what I was thinking! Just thinking about you, hope you have a great day (your probably thinking yeah right with my crazy days, its hard to enjoy them...but I still hope you have time to breathe!) Love ya!
Ah, come on! You can't just post something like that and then leave me hanging. I need a good Heather confession.
I'm sorry Heather. I'm ashamed to say that I've been there too! I know that feeling. You're not a horrible person. You take care of a lot of people and Heavenly Father knows your heart. It's good that you feel bad, but don't torture yourself. I'm glad that your son didn't get hurt. Hope you start feeling better soon!!!
Lets just hope that the Karma is when your kids are driving they are the ones that get the ticket....I am sorry, but I can't stop laughing....I would of done the same thing....and my brother has this friend who is a state cop in Washington, and he always gives the ones who cry a ticket...
That is a great story! One for the books.
that is hillarious you need to call me i need to talk to you anyway we also need to get together!! that is so funny i would so do the same thing also i think that anyone who says they wouldnt or that has never lied to a cop when they got pulled over is not human!!
OHHHHHH...you are SO going to hell:)
Next time don't suffer with the guilt and just show him your babs!
I am sorry. I hate the guilty feeling. I also hate being late, and hate when I know what things(like tickets) with cause or effect (like husband's frustration, or ruined Christmas). I hope you have a better day!!
mary
Okay...THAT was funny. Also, kind of enlightening as to the sad state of my conscience. I don't think I would have felt that bad. You're a much better person than me. Funnier, too.
lol, I know the feeling but the feeling of not getting the ticket is worth it! As I am speeding I try to come up with a good lie for the "just in case scenario"...good for you! Oh, let me know about the craft fair...any news??! Oh, and if you come to Sexburg, come visit!
Post a Comment