The Wolfley Family Blog Disclaimer:

This blog is meant for educational purposes only. It may be too intense for some viewers. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. SOME Simulated pictures. Apply only to affected area, If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Beware of dog. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from fire or flame. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. This supersedes all previous notices. Decisions by me are final or in other words its my verbal potty mouth, if you don't like it... don't read it!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Prayers and weeds

So I have been having a tiff with Heaven Father for a while now. Nothing to serious, a disagrement on what is funny and what is not. Prayer. I have been told of the power of prayer, and although I try on many days, my prayers seem to backfire. Now I want to believe in my small mind that he-HF has a sense of humor, that he understands... but for some reason likes to put a twist on my prayers. Like what you ask?
Well here are a few......
Prayer#1
I pray to have a garden that grows and flourishes, that it grows fast and that it feeds and supports my family and my neighbors.
After my crazy "old women" rampage, planning and reading up on everything possible. Starting my plants inside, sacrificing my bathtub for months, Cleaning up multiple dirt spills, tending, weeding, planning, plotting, planting, watering........ what does my garden look like????

The day after I planted all of my proud little seedlings in the ground, We had a wind/rain storm that whipped most of my plants to death. So the only thing flourishing in my garden is the weeds...... so technically HF did answer my prayer.... Funny....

#2 prayer.

To help me get healthy and to lose some weight.....

I did pray for this. I mean, I figured I need all the help I can get.....and my husband eating a large bowl of ice cream every night before bed was not the help or motivation I need. Oh don't get me wrong I am thankful for the help, and I have lost weight.....But now I am a member of the "I love my tiny Ta-Ta's Club" Funny.........

Prayer #3

Please HF give me a healthy, happy and "good" baby........cause I can't handle much more.

Ok next time I'll remember he decides what I can handle....and that he is a funny god. Cause this baby of mine....well he is a challenge. A challenge that even George W Bush wouldn't want to even try to tackle.


I do have some understanding.....that was just recently acquired. The truth is that being #5 he has to demand attention. Because truthfully if he didn't I might set him in the swing and forget about him. My life is pretty hectic and its SOMETIMES good that he demands that I sit down and snuggle him. Because these could be missed opportunities..... OOHHHH but not for him, He lets me know what he wants.

#4 prayer

Please help my husband find a great job that he loves and that can comfortably support our family.

This is the prayer that I struggle with on a daily basis. This is a prayer that I have been praying for over 2 years. I have to figure that this is a hefty request, and there is quite a waiting list of families much more worthy of this than us. But I am committed to standing in line and waiting for our chance. It is just that my legs are tired of standing and my "it'll be ok attitude" is fading. I am not sure what more I can do, besides keep praying.

Not funny.....

1 comments:

kori bates said...

I know how you are feeling Heather. It is really hard to keep believing sometimes. But, what else do we got?!?! LOL I truly believe that he does have a sense of humor, if not, then how would people like us handle situations like these. :) Not sure if that makes sense.