The Wolfley Family Blog Disclaimer:

This blog is meant for educational purposes only. It may be too intense for some viewers. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. SOME Simulated pictures. Apply only to affected area, If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Beware of dog. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from fire or flame. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. This supersedes all previous notices. Decisions by me are final or in other words its my verbal potty mouth, if you don't like it... don't read it!

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The spa party.....

“Father Time is not always a hard parent, and, though he tarries for none of his children, often lays his hand lightly upon those who have used him well; making them old men and women inexorably enough, but leaving their hearts and spirits young and in full vigor. With such people the gray head is but the impression of the old fellow's hand in giving them his blessing, and every wrinkle but a notch in the quiet calendar of a well-spent life.”Charles Dickens

I know that I have talked about wrinkles and growing old before and I am going to again so just bare with me. Last night I went to a spa party...One of my dear sister in laws great competitors~ I am afraid......and I won't name names. But like a typical party you start off with "the welcome and the spiel" and then you move into the feet stuff and then the facials and so on. I am a girls girl...but relaxing to me is going somewhere that they do it for you.

Any who.....A good friend of mine threw this party and although I loathe these things I went for moral support. (and besides I would never hear the end of it if I didn't). So after the "spiel" I found myself putting my foot in a trash bag to "marinate"....

Then I moved to the facial part of things.
YES, I have a routine for face care....
Its called showering....using soap.....applying lotion......then a light bronzer and viola... I am done. I am not fancy....I like to call it simple. Besides this step by step thing...I mean you guys really do this.....Step 1...step2.... step 501. I mean this is serious stuff....apply this, then this, then wash, now apply this, dab this and don't get it to close to your eye or it may fall out. It was a huge ordeal, I just don't have time for it. It was to much this and that. No, I did not tell this nice lady this...she was so serious and very cheery might I add....I was afraid that my "sense of humor" (as you well know) may of made her cry. So I tried to stay as low key as possible, which was hard not to make cracks.... although a few just flew out of my mouth....... uncontrollably.

The truth is that I like wrinkles.....and yes I am only in my 30's and have not had to deal with them yet. But I feel excited about them, something to show my wisdom. I will be quite upset for some reason I die at a early age and never get to see my hands with sunspots and all wrinkly. My face with my furrowing brow, laugh lines and crows feet. Why fight it? Why spend hundreds....(according to what they cost) Thousands of dollars a year on what my little $5 bottle of lotion and sunblock can do for me.

So how dare I tell these women that I want wrinkles....I dare...and I got the typical...."well... you don't have any yet so how would you know" bit....then I got the typical " yeah what is your weired fascination anyways?" question. I think it is about watching my Mom fight the wrinkles, the age spots and the gray hair on a daily basis. And no matter what she did it was a losing battle. She is a beautiful lady with what god gave her. I think by watching her fight a losing battle made me decide at a young age Not me, I wont do it.

From the facials we did hands...which I really dug....and can make out of brown sugar and sea salt myself for less than a dollar. Then we did a lip peal....which I really liked after the fact and since my lip have been so chapped from working out in the garden in the wind, They needed some peeling. But can't I just use tape or something??? and just rip it off really fast. I am pretty sure it would have the same effect. (totally kidding) Then there was the dreaded make up table where I always get the comment that "I could be such a pretty girl if I just accented my features". Something that I am quite use to it and my typical response. I just never felt that I needed too...and then I move on.

To the foot spa, something that is really nice and was really needed. I have winter feet. I never wear shoes at home and now that FOR TODAY....it is sandal wearing weather.....it would be nice to not have my feet look like Fred Flintstone.

Then came "check out".....WHO PRICES THIS STUFF???? I would dare buy something if ..... 1st off I wasn't such a cheap skate....and #2 didn't have to mortgage my home to buy something. Really $32 dollars for a small bottle of soap? That I am sure my kids would get a hold of to wash the toilet or something. So sorry dear friend my $5.50 cent purchase is far from helping you get to that $500 quota that you had hoped for!

All in all I had a good time. It was nice to hang out with a few of my dear friends that I have not
seen in a while and I did get one side of my face really clean as well as my feet. Oh wait there was one more station that I forgot to mention. Being almost one of the last people (IE looking through the catalog to find the cheapest possible thing) I got to personal visit the "fun" station this nice spa lady. AND Whats "fun" you ask????? Fun is hosting a party yourself and getting torture a whole new batch of friends to a Micro scrub and face peel!!!!! So being that my friend didn't have anyone sign up....Me the sucker.....signed up! So guess what friends......you have just now been invited to my spa party!!!!! Aren't you excited!!! Sometime in June. You'll know!

1 comments:

kori bates said...

Hahahaha!!!! Love the tape on the lips comment...