A while back I went to a church activity that we called Lunch bunch. Pretty much where all of the bored SAHM got together to chat about this and that, and let the kids roam and play. We had different themes for the lunch and people would bring a potluck dish for us all to try.
I have this neighbor who made these yummy enchiladas....OH heavens they are delightful! So I started to ask for the recipe...and so goes on my stalking...I think she only gave it to me to make me shut up about it..But I am very appreciative that she did! Now I can share it with you..It is a pretty easy dish...although the first time I made it...It wasn't quite as good as hers....But that is how it goes.....But I have sorta modified it..and It now is just as yummy as I remember! Thx Angie!
My kids love it! But then again they love sushi.....
Chicken Enchiladas Suizas
PREP TIME :35 Min
COOK TIME :35 Min
READY IN :1 Hr 10 Min
INGREDIENTS
12 corn or flour (I prefer flour) tortillas
vegetable oil for pan-frying
3-5 cooked boneless skinless chicken breast halves, shredded
10 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3/4 cup minced onion
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup whipping cream
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
2 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup avocado
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Fry tortillas (one at a time) for 5 seconds on each side to soften and make them pliable.
Add more oil to pan as needed. Drain between layers of paper towel and keep warm. (this is where I changed things up a little, I put the tortilas in the sauce, in hopes to cut some calories)
Divide chicken, 10 ounces of Monterey Jack cheese, and onion among the 12 tortillas. (Ok here to I add a heaping tablespoon of sour cream in with the chicken, it makes things very moist)
Roll up each tortilla and place seam side down in a greased baking pan.
Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
Add the flour and whisk until mixture begins to boil.
Slowly add the broth, stirring with a whisk until thickened.
Mix in the sour cream and Chile's, heat thoroughly but do not boil, stirring occasionally.
Pour mixture over the enchiladas.
Bake in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining Monterey Jack cheese and bake for 5 more minutes. Garnish with chopped green onions, cilantro, avocado and tomatoes.
yummy!!!
The Wolfley Family Blog Disclaimer:
This blog is meant for educational purposes only. It may be too intense for some viewers. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. SOME Simulated pictures. Apply only to affected area, If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Beware of dog. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from fire or flame. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. This supersedes all previous notices. Decisions by me are final or in other words its my verbal potty mouth, if you don't like it... don't read it!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Recipe Stalker...
Posted by Call me Hehaw at 11:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I have to try this recipe it sounds sooo good, I really like the changes you made to it!
I've already copy and pasted (since I know how to do it now!) this recipe on a paper to take to my kitchen and think I'll do this tonight. Thanks for doing my thinking for something for dinner for me and passing on the recipe.
Sounds delish!
That sounds heavenly. I think I'll try it this week. Thanks!
yeah, I love those, you finally got the recipe, thanks for sharing.
ok Heather, I have been tagged, and i have to tag the people on my page...so tag you are it! LOL
Post a Comment