OK so really I have done really great on the diet, Mike and I both. It is fun to have your husband and your friends do things with you.....It makes it so much easier. EXCEPT when you have been dieting since the 1st and have only lost 1 pound.
I was on a 900 calorie diet for the first week. We started working out 3-4 times a week for 2 hours. Treadmill, stair stepper, this weired skiing machine and the bike.
Ever since I have been on a ~1400 calorie diet. Keeping track of everything I eat on this Free calorie counter web site....http://www.myfitnesspal.com. Its a really neat site and very easy to use. Now..... I have had a few slip ups, But I recovered from all of them....and I have been super proud of myself.
But every day I weigh myself NOTHING! This is going on the fourth week. So I went into the Dr.s on Tuesday night. Thinking that it was probably something to do with my thyroid, I really wasn't sure what it could be. I just knew that I was doing all of this work and not getting paid. They had me go in for some blood work... Including a glucose test. My Dr. is seems to think that I have Insulin resistance, or that my Gestational Diabetes is playing a roll in my NO weight loss.
So I fasted for 8 hours or after midnight no food. When I went in my 1st blood draw or my fasting glucose was 118. Then I had to drink that horrible,gross, sick, disgusting orange wanna be pop glucose filled drink that SERIOUSLY makes me shiver just to think about it.
So this doesn't make since to me.....They think glucose is your problem, so they give you a drink loaded with it.....Seems a little backwards, not only that they say "you have 3 minutes to drink this one liter of (gross, disgusting, horrible) orange flavored drink". I was sure the nurse was mistaken....Before when I had my gestational test it was a small cup size drink.....THIS WAS NOT.
I told the nurse "ummm is this right, I drink allllll of this????? 1 liter??????"
She just replied, in her (gross, horrible, disgusting) way to cheerful @ 8:00am in the morning voice, "Yep.... and you'd better hurry, now you have 2 minutes"
So I got it down (with no thank to my nurse) and I was good my first blood draw. But the remaining ones...I could barely get out of my chair....My eyes were closing....I felt like sleeping beauty....(Minus the whole beauty part.) But it was crazy, I was sooooo tired. I have never had that before. Honestly, most of the time I have puked up the glucose drink by my 2 blood draw.
Well after my 5 other blood draws, I went home. Only to pass out from 12:30 t0 4:30. I hope they find out what is wrong with me, and I hope that I don't have to drink that (gross, horrible, disgusting) Orange glucose flavored drink ever again!
I will let you guys know my results in about 2 days.
The Wolfley Family Blog Disclaimer:
This blog is meant for educational purposes only. It may be too intense for some viewers. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. SOME Simulated pictures. Apply only to affected area, If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Beware of dog. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from fire or flame. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. This supersedes all previous notices. Decisions by me are final or in other words its my verbal potty mouth, if you don't like it... don't read it!
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Dieting with no rewards.....????
Posted by Call me Hehaw at 7:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yikes, that does not sound pleasant at all!!! My first thought was "is she eating enough?" I know that seems weird, but it's true. I highly recommend Weight Watchers. They have really helped me understand eating and lifestyle changes, rather than "dieting". Let me know if you have any questions about it. I lost 50 pounds after I had Parlee and am already down 7 since the first of the year. All in all, I hope everything is okay.
I'm dreading drinking that crap next month when I do my glucose pregnancy test thingy.....just so you know I used to work in a lab a while back and there are differnt formula's from different companies so sometimes depending on the company you have to drink the whole thing or just a little glass full. Wouldn't you think they would all go to those jelly bean things I've heard about. I'm so sorry had to do the 3 hour test with Ezra and what a bummer, I hope you figure out what is going on, good luck!
Post a Comment