The Wolfley Family Blog Disclaimer:

This blog is meant for educational purposes only. It may be too intense for some viewers. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. SOME Simulated pictures. Apply only to affected area, If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Beware of dog. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from fire or flame. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. This supersedes all previous notices. Decisions by me are final or in other words its my verbal potty mouth, if you don't like it... don't read it!

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Socks #1 enemy...dispose of them all


As a mother of 4 I have learned so many things. I have learned what I love to do around the house and things I despise. The number one thing that I HATE doing is folding socks.


I have tried to figure out a solution to the madness. I have come to ONE Conclusion and that being..... that I had to throw away all my kids socks. Every single one....and YES I am throwing them away.(NOT EVEN THE DI ) Because then there is the chance that in a rush, a hurry, a moment of madness... that I will bust into the evil cursed bag of old socks and use a pair. Then the cycle starts again.


The problem is that you get 30 different types of socks....Old navy, Walmart, pink, blue purple, one with little floofy lace around it and so on. I would spend an hour or more trying to figure out which sock went with which. I Always ended up with a huge pile of socks that have no match. But I would always keep it just in case!


I tried the dots. 1 dot for Grace, 2 for Hannah....that does not work. I have tried "community socks".... which basically turned into first come first serve. My oldest would end up with socks that fit her to the ankle and Hannah would have the socks that she could pull up to thigh, and of course "the boy" would choose the Lacy ones. Then it would end up taking me another 15 Minutes

switching everyone socks around. So..... My solution.....throw them all away! DO NOT KEEP EVEN ONE!


I bought socks that have different color toes and heels. Pink for grace, purple for Hannah, grey for "the boy", and lite pink for Esther. This has worked rather well. For now at least..... Now I just make the kids pull out sock according to their color and they fold them.....and put them away.


So If you too are having the same problem I give you permission to just throw them away! I wish someone would have done the same for me a long time AGO!

1 comments:

Julianna said...

Colored toes...brillant idea that I will steal one of these days.