Today I realized that my 3yr old is a boy......and boys are gross....
It is just something that they are....and something that they find is hard to control..... OHHH you can try to stop them from being "all boy" by trying to teach them a little thing called "manners" But Its pretty much like banging your head against the wall....over....and over.....and over.....
I think boys are a little bit "slower".....I mean no offence. (I am sure your boy is "SUPER SMART"......oh-yah cause you are......)BUT Boys find things funny that a little girl would never dream of! Where do they learn this stuff....I mean do they have a "ALL boy" meeting up in heaven, and explain to them that this is how you are gross, crazy, clumsy, this is what you eat to smell really bad??? and the most important is this is how you sweet talk girls......
This morning Brodie Disappeared for a while...which is not strange because he is my one kid that plays well by himself doing puzzles, blocks or drawing on the wall.... any who....about a half an hour later....he runs into the room and says
" Mommy you gotta see this!!!"
He was so excited....he extended the invite to the girls and started pulling on our arms.... saying "its so cool you gotta see what I just did!!!"
At this point I was a bit freaked out that I would find another portrait on the wall or find something that I would have to clean up that would inevitably make me throw up or dry heave while doing it....
He drug me into the bathroom.... and stood by the toilet and said look.....
AND Like 4 dumb girls...
(whom should have known what we were in for by the smell of death in the bathroom) We all look in the toilet.....
ONLY to find a trucker sized poo...
My 3 yr old now had a glow like he just did something real good and was extremely proud of what he had accomplished....
Of course the girls run out screaming and laughing about how gross he is and that his poop is just "too big"....as they are all giggling in the process!
(to which Hannah Say's to Brodie "that can't be healthy"....
something I am sure she has heard me say quite often, to the "all boy husband")
I take a min. to explain to Brodie the poo rules....and then leaning in to flush the foul smelling dead creature in the toilet...he starts to throw a major fit....
ME:
"what the crap, do you need flushing rules too?"
THE BOY:
"No.....I just want to save it and show Daddy....."
ahhhhhh.....Me???? totally dumb founded....I tell the "boy" that there is NO WAY that...that "thing" will sit in the toilet all day....reek up my house....all so he can show the other gross "boy" in our house his trophy! NO FREAKING WAY!!!
After a now 10 min. explanation of why we flush poo....and the hungry toilet....and so on....he finally decided that it was OK....and that he would just make another......so I proceeded with flushing Mr. Hanky.....
At this point I informed all of the children that there would be no more poo talk for the rest of the day. BUT tonight this is something I am sure that will be brought up at the dinner table.... to only have to give the "No poo talk a the table" lesson once again....
(ALL with Daddy leaving the table...laughing and not helping the situation at all!!!)
All I can do... is pray that he does not turn into the "21 year old, that likes showing his brothers girlfriend what he just did in the bathroom" kinda guy....
UMMMM.....cause that would be weird......Right Craig???

6 comments:
I can not stop laughing!!!!! It does not stop...EVER! My hubby came out of the bathroom this morning and said "Babe, I almost called you in to look at my poop. It was the biggeset!" See...it does not stop! OH MY< I can't stop laughing!!!
I read this one outloud to Alan and we both were in hysterics laughing! What a funny little boy Brodie is! I'm a bit worried that our house is going to be too serious with all these stinkin females. We need a boy which means I'm gonna have to do this pregnancy thing....AGAIN!
I'm dying! That was so funny and SO Wolfley. It brought back so many childhood memories. That is a parenting moment I have not enjoyed yet, but I'm sure it will happen someday, it's just in the genes.
You're right Heather...this is totally a boy thing! Living with 5 of them myself, I can tell you it only gets worse as they get older...sorry! Pretty soon you'll be wishing you could just go back to the "poop" talk at the dinner table, trust me!
OH MY HECK!! I will laugh about that one for the next three days! That's so freaken funny.
Are you trying to make me dread my boy growing up? Todd lets me kiss all of his owies better even when I cause the owie.
Post a Comment